The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humour but without folly.
You are likely to want a skilled and experienced doctor to advise you or to operate when it comes to your health. Likewise, people want and deserve to have skilled and effective leadership.
The performance and careers of employees are highly influenced by those they report to, those who make the decisions that influence the very existence of their role and other opportunities.
To this end, I focus on developing leadership skills that focus on generating great collaborations, opportunity spotting, working with strengths and appreciation. Leaders skills to enable self leadership and keeping a cool head when under pressure. Communication skills to enable conversations between individuals, teams, peers and customers that are honest, challenging and supportive. Enhanced personal impact and self-awareness that allow a leader to create positive interactions and positive lasting impressions. Leadership that gives attention to healthy environments that promote the well-being and success of colleagues.
The Benefits of Leadership Development to Business:
- Supports a healthy business culture.
- Attracts and retains great people.
- Generates a pipeline for succession and future leadership.
The Benefits of Leadership Development to Leaders:
- Brings leaders together, to learn together and to support each other.
- Provides reflection, self-assessment and acknowledgement of strengths and development areas.
- Enable confidence for meaningful and honest conversations with team members and peers.